Florida is bracing for the impact of Hurricane Irma which is expected to make landfall as early as Saturday. Irma is an extremely dangerous threat that will bring life-threatening wind, surge, flooding rain, isolated tornadoes, beach erosion and rip currents.
Air Unlimited, is a SkyVantage airline software customer located in located in Sanford Florida.
The SkyVantage Service Bureau is a service to assist airlines with their day to day operations during times of irregular operations or emergencies. SkyVantage will be handling phone calls for Air Unlimited through the weekend so they can focus on being safe during Hurricane Irma.
Before A Hurricane
- Important documents
- First aid supplies
- blankets and warm clothing
Have an evacuation plan with your family, you may need to leave quickly.
Other preparations include:
- Bring in outdoor furniture and other items that could blow away (these may become a safety hazard.
- Charge your phone, you’ll want a full battery if you lose power.
- Check local weather updates and emergency instructions frequently.
- Close storm shutters and stay away from the windows.
- Turn your refrigerator or freezer to the coldest setting and open only when necessary. If you lose power, food will last longer.
During a hurricane
Avoid walking or driving through flood waters. Just 6 inches of fast-moving water can sweep you or your vehicle away.
Be extra careful when walking outside. Storm damage such as downed power lines and fallen debris could cause an injury.
Stay away from windows and doors.
- Sunshine Coast Air is a valued customer of SkyVantage. They have been using our airline management software since 2013. Learn more about Sunshine Coast Air.